Sunday morning Bible Study -
Welcome the Messiah:
Dec 5 - The Promise of the Messiah - Jeremiah 23:1-8
Dec 12 - Expect the Messiah - Matthew 11:1-15
Dec 19 - Receive the Messiah - Matthew 1:18-25
Dec 26 - Worship the Messiah - Matthew 2:1-12
Tuesday morning 8 AM - Prayer Time
Wednesday night Bible Study - 7 PM
New study started Aug 11
"Perfectly Imperfect: Character sketches from the New Testament" by David Busic
We returned to In-person study on Apr 28, 2021. Remote meeting through Conference call is still available. If interested in the remote meeting, please contact Pastor George.
1. This woman was sent for when the long-neglected Book of the Law was found during Josiah's reign.
2. In what city in Greece did a group of Jews whip up a company of thugs in an anti-Paul riot?
3. According to John's Gospel, Satan was from the very beginning both a liar and a ______?
4. What four creatures did God send as plagues upon the Egyptians?
5. Who kissed David when he was fleeing from Saul?
1. Huldah (2 Kings 22)
2. Thessalonica (Acts 17:5)
3. Murderer (John 8:44)
4. Frogs, lice, flies, and locusts (Exodus 8; 10)
5. Jonathan (1 Samuel 20:41)
1. This New Testament character prophesied the destruction of Jerusalem.
2. What Roman offical in Jerusalem bowed to the wishes of an uncontrollable mob?
3. According to the parable of the sower, what happens when someone hears the word of the kingdom and does not understand it?
4. Who said "Lord, how is it that thou wilt manifest thyself unto us, and not unto the world"?
5. What rebel was so magnetic in personality that the men of Israel couldn't help kissing him?
2. Pilate (Matthew 27:23-24)
3. The wicked one, Satan, snatches from the heart what was sown
4. Judas, not Iscariot(John 14:22)
5. Absalom (2 Samuel 15:5-6)
* * * * *
Bible trivia information found in The Complete book of bible trivia,
by J. Stephen Lang, Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Wheaton, IL, 1988.